Heavy Equipment has been one of the game changers of 20th century business. In industries such as Construction, Shipping, Railways, Manufacturing, Logistics and Petrochemicals, they have simplified and automated various manual tasks. They have taken over dangerous and difficult tasks from workers and made workplaces safe. Finally, by handling larger quantities of raw material and covering more ground, heavy equipment bring economy of scale to these businesses.
But like any other machinery, heavy equipment also needs constant maintenance in order to provide peak performance. Such equipment routinely handle dirty, dusty and greasy material in addition to various unique waste materials generated in the industries they are used in. In addition to moving or mechanical parts, the electrical circuitry, electronic instrument panels and tiny components can get affected by rust, corrosion and dust affecting the performance or totally holding up the operations in extreme cases.
Benefits of Frequent Cleaning
- Accessibility: Due to the complex construction of heavy equipment, it’s not so easy to clean as and when one pleases, at short notice. Most often, the dirt, dust and grime can accumulate on the insides, and cleaning them can be a piece of work. A regular cleaning schedule prepares staff for the maintenance activity, and makes it easy to dismantle the instruments for easier access to internal parts.
- Longevity: Heavy equipment is an expensive affair. They contain innumerable components that have their own maintenance schedules, and unique maintenance needs. Not attending to them can affect the lifespan of these components and hence the lifespan of the equipment in the overall.
- Productivity: Simple cleaning methods that are used on light equipment are not effective on heavy equipment. Such equipment is used in high temperature and pressure conditions making them more vulnerable to accumulation of waste. These cannot be scrubbed away easily and they need pressure washers that combine heat and pressure to bombard and dislodge the build-up.
The Cleaning Partners’ industry grade pressure washers are of superior quality and technically robust. These combine heat, pressure, effective cleaning agents and skilled technicians who can clean heavy equipment quickly and effectively, which reduces the downtime on them. While high pressure can access dirt in difficult to reach areas and blast them, the use of varied temperatures can melt away tough build-ups of grime and grease.
Some of the heavy equipment that we have cleaned in the history of our business:
- Excavators: These consist of one or more arms and various hydraulic parts. Each of these must be dismantled and pressure washed thoroughly.
- Wheel Loader: In addition to the above kinds of uses, wheel loaders are used in warehouses for loading and unloading raw material or waste. High pressure washing is an inevitable solution here.
- Bulldozers and Tractors: These equipment deal with mud, soil, stones, rocks and tar on a routine basis. Industrial grade pressure washing is the most effective method of cleaning them.
- Scrapers: In addition to the exteriors, the engine and radiator can also accumulate dust bringing the equipment to a halt. Preventive pressure washing at regular intervals is the only solution.
- Skip Loader: Considering their extensive use in road-works, earth moving & excavation, soil dredging from lakes, rubble and debris removal, high pressure washing is a must.
Pressure Washing is the most cost-effective method of cleaning heavy equipment. When factored into a preventive maintenance schedule, they can ensure all the components of your heavy equipment are working at optimum efficiency. This makes you a reliable partner for your clients, and helps you derive maximum returns on your investment in such equipment.