Why Exterior Moss & Mold Removal is important…

Molds, moss, mildew, fungus, lichen are all a family of living microorganisms collectively known as fungi, which are present to varying extents everywhere in the world. Whether inside homes, offices, on the exterior surfaces of buildings, in lawns and gardens, or anywhere outdoors, molds are ubiquitous. They can be easily noticed due to their green, grey, brown or black spots and funny, musky odor.

Over time, mold move from surface to surface through wind, releasing their microscopic spores in the air. These float through the air and settle on surfaces that have even the slightest amount of moisture of humidity in them. If the right humidity conditions are present, they can grow rapidly and uncontrollably.

While mold and mildew do affect the aesthetic appearance of buildings and interiors, it’s their harmful effect on human health which makes them a serious problem. They have been known to trigger allergic reactions such as watering eyes, itchy eyes, nose and face, irritation in the throat, wheezing and in some cases trigger an attack of asthma. In severe cases, they can even trigger neurological problems. Children, pregnant women, elders above 60 years of age and those with weak immune systems are particularly vulnerable. Pets can also be affected by them.

Previously, solutions for eliminating mold or mildew were chlorine and bleach based. These are harmful chemicals and cause their own ill-effects on human health. Not to mention their foul odor and corrosive action on the skin. Further, they have been found to be ineffective as they only bleach the spores and do not destroy them, which allow them to multiply. Advances in cleaning technology has created a new breed of cleaning solutions which are a lot more effective in tackling mold or mildew problems. These techniques can kill the mold spores permanently inhibiting any new mold growth for as much as twelve months.

Further, these solutions are non-flammable, non-toxic, non-corrosive, non-hazardous, non-acidic, easily biodegradable, low on odor, relatively inexpensive, very effective, and safe to use. They are also gentle on the surface to be cleaned.

These solutions can handle mold or mildew growth at any location; on any surface whether indoor or outdoor as shown below:

External locations that are vulnerable to mold and mildew growth:

  • Building Exteriors
  • Retaining Walls and Ceilings
  • Outside Dining Areas
  • Public toilet areas
  • Paths & Driveways
  • Around pools
  • AC and cool rooms
  • Hotel cellars
  • Timber Decking

External surfaces that are vulnerable to mold and mildew:

  • Concrete
  • Pavers
  • Tiles
  • Granite
  • Sheet Metal
  • Sandstone
  • Roof Tiles
  • Terrazzo
  • Metals
  • Rocks & Pebbles
  • Bricks
  • Wood
  • Glass
  • Fiberglass
  • Marble

Interior locations and surfaces that are vulnerable to mold and mildew:

  • Walls & ceilings
  • Plaster walls
  • Painted walls
  • Ceramic or concrete Tiles
  • Wooden railings, windows, frames and doors
  • Polished concrete
  • Grouting
  • Metal railings and window frames
  • Plastic fittings and components
  • Marble floors or surfaces
  • Granite walls, floors and surfaces

Mold or mildew, if left unattended to, can turn out to be a serious problem over time. This can affect the living conditions in a home or office affected by mold or mildew. It can also affect the prospects of selling the house and reduce its sale value. Property evaluators are trained to look for mold and mildew growth in specific areas and surfaces of buildings. Thankfully, solutions are available to tackle this problem. Cleaning companies like The Cleaning Partners can undertake the same in a hassle-free and cost-effective manner for you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *